1. Divide the cauliflower head into florets – cutting the larger florets in half
2. Place into a
saucepan of unsalted water and bring to the boil, before simmering for 5 minutes
the cauliflower and save 900mls of the cauliflower water
4. Chop up the celery, onions and almonds and add to
the heated oil, cooking until the
onions and almonds have browned
5. Add the 900 ml of cauliflower water and bring to boil
and then simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add the cauliflower florets and
allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes
7. Take the pan off the
heat and allow to cool slightly
8. Using a hand held blender
– liquidise until the mixture has a smooth and creamy consistency - this could take a couple of minutes so don't be impatient.
9. Test for flavour and add
salt and pepper if necessary
10. It can be
served hot immediately or cooled and served later.
11. This can be served with or without nutmeg – it
is all a matter of taste.
N.B. It is not recommended
to freeze Cauliflower Soup as the creamy consistency can be lost.